Membership is for any woman who wants to directly support local needs in the Temiskaming Shores region.
It is simple and easy to be a member . . . just one hour of your time, 4 times a year, making a $100 donation.
When you sign up to be a member, you are agreeing to attend four meetings and make a $100 donation each time. That’s just over a $1 a day to make a difference in your community.
Teams of two may pool their money to make the $100 donation, sharing a single nomination and vote.
- Each member or team commits to donating $100 per meeting, 4 times a year.
- Meetings are one hour long.
- Any member or team who has signed a Commitment Form and who is current with her donations may nominate an organization or recipient for consideration at a meeting.
- Nominees must be located within our Temiskaming Shores & More boundaries. Our chapter boundaries encompass Earlton to Latchford, and Elk Lake to the Quebec border.
- Three nominations are randomly drawn from a hat.
- The members who nominated those drawn will make a five minute presentation about the organization to the group and a brief Q&A session will follow.
- Each member or team who has signed a Commitment Form and who is current with their donations may vote (by ballot) for one of the three candidates.
- Each member or team will donate $100 to the recipient receiving the most votes.
- The selected recipient will receive a group donation of $10,000 or more!
- Members who did not vote for the selected recipient agree to make their donation regardless.
- If applicable, members will receive a tax receipt directly from the organization.
- Members will provide their donation in an unsealed, self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Members who are unable to attend a meeting are expected to give their donation with a signed proxy voting form to another member to deliver on their behalf.
- A nominee not selected at one meeting may be submitted again at a subsequent meeting.
- A successful recipient is not eligible for future consideration for 2 years, but the nominating member may submit the name of another recipient
- Ties will be decided by randomly selecting one of the tied recipients by draw.
- The selected recipient must agree not to give out member information to any third parties except for tax purposes.
- Each meeting will open with a five minute update on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used by the successful recipient.
We are thrilled to have each member attend but we understand life happens. If you cannot be with us, be sure to send your donation and proxy with another member so we can meet our goal of donating $10,000 at each meeting.